Monday, June 8, 2009

Danza dentro del Globo


(The title of this posting is just to pay your atention)

My favourite subject this semester is “Danza Moderna”. In fact, it’s not an official subject of my career but I made some moves and now it counts as a C.F.G (curso de formación general). I love it, because I can dance and at the same time I can make credits for my career. The subject is obviously a subject of the Dancing career so I take it in the dance faculty of my university.
More specifically the subject is “Leder Technique” a derivative of Modern dance which comes from the German expressionism. It’s why because its focus in the expressive aspects but without forgetting the academic technique (the technique based on the oldest traditional conception of dancing: ballet). In other words, it’s an evolution of Ballet but giving more space to the real body expression, free of many formalities of traditional dance. The objective is to join movements with the breeding and with the feelings caused by those movements. This semester i learned some principal characteristics of this technique are: “using the space”, the contrast between tension and distension, fast and slow…
The teacher is Angélica Seguel, a very good teacher.

1 comment:

  1. Vale, you love modern dance, you have to dedicate to it completely, I think, because it's a precious way to do art.
    But I prefer the classic ballet!
    See you!

    ReplyDelete