Monday, June 1, 2009

Pina Bausch


I´m going to considerate dancing like "my field".

In that context a person who i strongly admire is Pina Bausch. A german dancer and choreographer who is the creator of the "dancing-theater" concept. She´s considerate crucial in the vanguard of contemporain dance by her creation full of essential images.

She has a determinated methodology: her and her company the "Tanztheater" travel all over the word for living one month or two in special places. ( Some years ago she went to chile with her company and lived one month in Chiloe, and one month in the desert of Atacama). Then she create a choreography inspired on the essence of the places. She works on developping forms, by movement or even by theater, wich could express the particular ways of life of the particular place. In the body language of her dancers there´s a research into the profounds human feelings, and its relation with the environment. I really love the work of art of Pina Bausch. Her creations are very abstracts and very expressives at the same time. You can see in a kind of way the essence on it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Vale Bonita... I don't know Pina Bausch work, but I'm agree with you, and I always admire people who can to absorb and to reflect the essence of the places, of the people or the essence of something in particular. I think this is one of the most important characteristics of that I consider an artist.

    I'm very happy for you Vale, and for all the people who find what makes them happier persons.

    Kisses, Maca.

    ReplyDelete